The objectives of the HKUST Alumni Wine Association (HKUSTAWA) are:
1. to engage and connect alumni through wine appreciation activities;
2. to promote wine appreciation culture among alumni and students;
3. to promote the advancement of wine knowledge for work or for leisure;
4. to promote responsible drinking;
5. to collaborate with organizations and entities that support our mission.
HKUST Alumni Wine Association (HKUSTAWA) was founded by a group of wine enthusiasts in October 2016. Our vision is to promote wine culture and responsible drinking among alumni and current students*.
Since our inauguration, we have connected 300+ alumni over glasses of wines through our workshops and gatherings. Different styles of events have brought our members and friends fun time, thus created a HKUST's wine community for wine knowledge exchange or simply enjoyment with wine buddies.
We strive to bring members more benefits, from discounts on wines & spirits purchases, special offers at restaurants & bars, to promotional offers on wine events in town. The more wines you taste, the more you learn.
*Students must be over 18 years old in order to join our events or register as member.
Why Should You Join HKUSTAWA?
As HKUSTAWA members, you will be enjoying free of charge / at discounts:
。Wine Tasting Workshop
。Wine dinner/ Social events
。Discounts on wines/ spirits and wine accessories
。Discounts on food & beverage at bar & restaurants
Over 100 guests witnessed inauguration party of HKUSTAWA in October 2016.